|Posted by BHARTI on September 4, 2013 at 7:50 AM|
The Google Impact Challenge
Last date- 5th September 2013
A BETTER WORLD, FASTER
The Google Impact Challenge has launched in India in an effortto support innovators who are exploring new ways to solve the world's mostpressing problems. If you’re an Indian non-profit, tell us how you would usetechnology and innovative approaches to tackle problems in India and around theworld.
Four selected non-profits will each receive a Rs 3 crore Global Impact Award and assistance from Google to helpmake their project a reality.
· 5th September 2013 - Final day to apply to the Google Impact Challenge.
· 21st October 2013 - Google announces the finalists, and the public votes onlinefor their favourites.
· 31st October 2013 - Each finalist team will pitch its idea to an esteemed panel ofjudges at an event in Delhi. Four finalists, including the non-profit chosen bythe public vote, will be announced as Global Impact Award recipients.
CRITERIAApplicants are invited to submit a technology-based project thatwill be reviewed by a team of Googlers and VIP judges based on three criteria:
1. How you will use innovation and technology to make the world abetter place.
Is it creative anddata-driven? We're looking for projects that use technology to address aspecific social issue on a grand scale.Technologycan come in many forms, from improving the lives of people through digitalliteracy trainings, improving education through data analysis, or monitoringclean water wells with hardware sensors.
2. How you will implement your project.
Is the project feasibleand realistic? Is it rooted in research that identifies the size of the problemand how the proposed idea will help solve it? Does the roadmap explain whatchallenges might stand in the way and how they will be overcome?
3. How your team will execute your plan immediately andsuccessfully.
We're looking for signals that your team is poised for success. Do you have partners and collaborators? Does your team have a strong track record?
Learn more about the Google Impact Challenge criteria and evaluation process by visiting our FAQ. Review the Rules carefullybefore submitting your application.
*Applicants must be registered as a non-profit in India.
For more details, Click here-
Categories: Funding Opportunities